From canals to cities
Explore three of Italy’s most iconic cities with this 6- or 9-night getaway. You’ll visit picturesque Venice, medieval Florence, and ancient Rome as well as enjoy views of the Italian countryside as you travel by rail from city to city.
- Round-trip airfare into Venice (VCE), out of Rome (FCO)
- Round-trip airport transfers on arrival and departure
- High-speed rail between cities
- 2 nights in Venice at the Hotel Amadeus or similar
- Venice Walking Tour
- 2 nights in Florence at the Hotel Palazzo Ricasoli or similar
- Florence Medieval & Renaissance Walking Tour
- 2 nights in Rome at the Hotel Santa Costanza or similar
- Rome Hop-On/Hop-Off Tour (48-hours)
- Breakfast daily
Great Ways to Explore
- Treat yourself to a gondala ride in Venice!
- Stare into the eyes of Michelangelo’s David with a visit to the Accademia in Florence.
- Indulge in a decadent serving of gelato in its home city of Florence!
- Legend has it if you toss a coin into the Trevi Fountain, you will be guaranteed a return trip to Rome; toss one in and find out!
- Take a walk through history as you visit the ruins of the ancient Roman civilization.
This vacation has been carefully crafted for a great independent travel experience. This isn’t a bus, group, or tour guide vacation but one where you can set your own pace of discovery every day. However, you’re not alone – if you need any help during your trip, we’ re just a phone call or an email away.
Your Italian adventure awaits! You’ll start in the floating city of Venice, where your days will be spent exploring Gothic palaces and navigating the water-laden streets. You’ll enjoy a guided walking tour which will take you to some of the city’s most iconic sights, from the famous San Marco Piazza to Marco Polo’s house!
After a comfortable train ride, you’ll then arrive in Florence, birthplace of the Renaissance. Your special Medieval and Renaissance walking tour will take on a tour through time as you visit the city’s most famous sights. From discovering the remnants of its Medieval past to staring into the eyes of Michelangelo’s David, you can do it all!
Just one more rail ride and you’ll arrive in a city filled with ancient ruins and some of the world’s most iconic works of art: Rome. Pay a visit to the Colosseum or experience the Sistine Chapel and its famous ceiling for yourself – the choice is yours!